In conversation with Tech Executive and Principal consultant from PM Power Consulting, Zafar Ahmed shares his experiences with Gayatri From PM Power Consulting on his journey. Zafar draws out his 4 decades of experience as 4 phases in a cricket match with one exciting inning built over another.
- Started as a passionate programmer in Tata steel working in their transformation
- In the second innings, became part of IT services revolution shifting base to US and owning a start up
- He moved to India in early 2000s and headed technology in Hughes software where he learnt the ropes of management, leadership and went through a transformation within
- Zafar is currently in his 4th innings where he wants to share his rich learnings as a leadership coach and a consultant in PM Power Consulting
- Zafar shares his many defining moments in his career starting with his focus in becoming part of Tata steel and completely falling in love with software
- He shares a story on how he stumbled upon agile transformation and became a student and internalised the mindset over practices
- Next big defining moment is his understanding of leadership style and his transformation along with an agile way of working.
- He talks about being a taskmaster and how he transformed later as a people’s leader away from his task orientation
- He talks about setting long term goals in his career as one of his misgivings and not taking enough risks in his career
- Zafar signs off with a positive note on covid situation and how technology has changed each and every human being on earth.
Zafar can be reached at https://www.linkedin.com/in/zafar-ahmad-4704b76/ and https://pm-powerconsulting.com/experts/zafar-ahmed/
Gayatri can be contacted at https://www.linkedin.com/in/gaya3k/