Applying Learning for Results
Project Management Coaching
PM Power recommends individualized coaching to help trained Project Managers effectively apply their knowledge in their specific project context.
PM Power offers coaching for project managers either as part of an end-to-end PM Competency Development initiative or as a standalone service for a target set of project managers. Based on inputs from a Project Manager’s self-assessment, assessment by reporting manager and a PM Power assessment, an individual development plan is created and signed-off. A typical development plan covers the following:
- Areas of development, current level of competencies in various aspects of project management (such as Scope, Schedule, Risk, Communication etc.) and the desired level of competencies.
- Development tasks & target dates are identified in discussions between PM Power, the project manager and his reporting manager.
Examples of development tasks:
- Developing a presentation on Earned Value Management and proposing a plan to implement in a project (to address a need for better progress tracking)
- Conducting a risk audit as understudy for another project (to address a need for improved risk identification)
- Undergoing a training program / workshop on project negotiation (to address a need for effective resolution of project change requests)
- Participating in team building activities (to address a need for improved team development & management competencies)
The participant owns the development plan, the reporting manager plays a supporting role and PM Power coaches facilitate and assist the progression as per plan. The effectiveness of coaching is reviewed on a regular basis (plan vs. actual) between the participant, his reporting manager and the PM Power coach to incorporate course corrections in the plan.
Please contact us if you need more information to help you with your PM Competency Development initiatives.
ASK A Question
Program & Project Management Blogs
Most of the IT organizations are onboarding their new joinees remotely. It is one of the most critical activities for any organization. The process of assimilating a new joinee includes imbibing the new org culture, getting to know people, and feeling that "I am able...
At one stage of my career, I was leading a CoE (Centre of Excellence) for Project Management. I was good at Project Management, I had used it for delivering my projects successfully and experienced its importance. Now I was entrusted with helping others acquire...
Previous Articles in Product Visioning series: Product Visioning: https://pm-powerconsulting.com/blog/product-visioning-5-steps-scoping-software-projects/ Product Visioning: 1. Elevator...
PM Power Consulting
PM Power Consulting helps organizations achieve agility in design and delivery of software and services.
PM Power Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
354/3, I Cross, I Block, Jayanagar
PIN Code: 560 011
Phone: +91 80 2657 5292