Applying Learning for Results
Project Management Coaching
PM Power recommends individualized coaching to help trained Project Managers effectively apply their knowledge in their specific project context.
PM Power offers coaching for project managers either as part of an end-to-end PM Competency Development initiative or as a standalone service for a target set of project managers. Based on inputs from a Project Manager’s self-assessment, assessment by reporting manager and a PM Power assessment, an individual development plan is created and signed-off. A typical development plan covers the following:
- Areas of development, current level of competencies in various aspects of project management (such as Scope, Schedule, Risk, Communication etc.) and the desired level of competencies.
- Development tasks & target dates are identified in discussions between PM Power, the project manager and his reporting manager.
Examples of development tasks:
- Developing a presentation on Earned Value Management and proposing a plan to implement in a project (to address a need for better progress tracking)
- Conducting a risk audit as understudy for another project (to address a need for improved risk identification)
- Undergoing a training program / workshop on project negotiation (to address a need for effective resolution of project change requests)
- Participating in team building activities (to address a need for improved team development & management competencies)
The participant owns the development plan, the reporting manager plays a supporting role and PM Power coaches facilitate and assist the progression as per plan. The effectiveness of coaching is reviewed on a regular basis (plan vs. actual) between the participant, his reporting manager and the PM Power coach to incorporate course corrections in the plan.
Please contact us if you need more information to help you with your PM Competency Development initiatives.
ASK A Question
Program & Project Management Blogs
It is slightly over a year since we closed our office premises and started working from home. I had shared some initial observations in my earlier blog in July 2020. We have formed some methods to manage WFH and still learning to improve the way we do things. Some of...
All of us would have used sprint burn down charts on our projects. Each one of us will have our opinion on the effectiveness of it. We might also have our own favorite flavors and versions. I'm going to talk about one implementation of Sprint Burn Down Chat that...
We have been discussing factors that are critical to success in delivery. In my first blog in this series, “Project without a Deadline does not complete”; we looked at the importance of starting a project with a deadline in mind. The second blog, “Making Deadlines...
PM Power Consulting
PM Power Consulting helps organizations achieve agility in design and delivery of software and services.
PM Power Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
354/3, I Cross, I Block, Jayanagar
PIN Code: 560 011
Phone: +91 80 2657 5292