Applying Learning for Results
Project Management Coaching
PM Power recommends individualized coaching to help trained Project Managers effectively apply their knowledge in their specific project context.
PM Power offers coaching for project managers either as part of an end-to-end PM Competency Development initiative or as a standalone service for a target set of project managers. Based on inputs from a Project Manager’s self-assessment, assessment by reporting manager and a PM Power assessment, an individual development plan is created and signed-off. A typical development plan covers the following:
- Areas of development, current level of competencies in various aspects of project management (such as Scope, Schedule, Risk, Communication etc.) and the desired level of competencies.
- Development tasks & target dates are identified in discussions between PM Power, the project manager and his reporting manager.
Examples of development tasks:
- Developing a presentation on Earned Value Management and proposing a plan to implement in a project (to address a need for better progress tracking)
- Conducting a risk audit as understudy for another project (to address a need for improved risk identification)
- Undergoing a training program / workshop on project negotiation (to address a need for effective resolution of project change requests)
- Participating in team building activities (to address a need for improved team development & management competencies)
The participant owns the development plan, the reporting manager plays a supporting role and PM Power coaches facilitate and assist the progression as per plan. The effectiveness of coaching is reviewed on a regular basis (plan vs. actual) between the participant, his reporting manager and the PM Power coach to incorporate course corrections in the plan.
Please contact us if you need more information to help you with your PM Competency Development initiatives.
ASK A Question
Program & Project Management Blogs
Why only Rugby?
This Photo by Unknown Author is licensed under CC BY-SA Scrum as an Agile approach is now center-stage worldwide, a goliath occupying a staggering 66% of all agile adoptions. The distant second is Scrumban, a mere 9% and the third at 5% tied between Scrum/XP Hybrid...
Poring over PMBOK 7!
Photo by Nathan Bingle on Unsplash Some time back I wrote a blog on scope management and its relevance in agile projects. A few days later, a friend stopped by for a chat and gave me a shocker, saying “why are you writing about such dated stuff like scope management?...
Three Track Lean-Agile Development: Part 3 – Solution Space
Introduction In my previous two articles Why do we need a ‘Three Track’ Lean-Agile Product Development?, and ‘Three Track’ Lean-Agile Development: Part 2 – Opportunity Space , I had introduced the idea of how the product creation process is all about transformation of...
PM Power Consulting
PM Power Consulting helps organizations achieve agility in design and delivery of software and services.
PM Power Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
354/3, I Cross, I Block, Jayanagar
PIN Code: 560 011
Phone: +91 80 2657 5292