In this episode, Chitra is in conversation with Baiju Joseph, Product Operations leader where he shares events from his career
- Starting out at AIR (All India Radio) as a broadcasting engineer & self-learning programming , developing a few apps for his workplace
- Work break after joining Novell, getting the latest and best system test training, and leadership training, acknowledging the influence of mentors
- Doing various leadership roles at Ariba, handling delivery, setting up quality engineering, dev ops, labs & teams and handling operations as well as facilities for the India development centre
- Being part of the initial leadership team, setting up the right culture and building people focused teams
- How he has assimilated and practiced Agile values and principles through his career and learning how to setup “distributed agile”
- Discussing innovative methods to help companies adopt and realise benefits of agile software development, including street plays
- Leading the quality engineering group at Yahoo, for emerging products, setting up quality engineering team, release engineering team
- Lessons from building products, starting with the “Why” and trying to share the same “belief systems” between customers and producers
- New product evolution experience
- Reminiscing events that didnt quite pan out as they should have and reflections
- Building and ecosystem for tolerance, early failure detection through dev ops chains & microservices, canary practices and deployments, sensing signals, the canary confidence factors, zero touch deployments
- Hire for attitude and train for skills, a learning from his past and other messages for young aspirants
Baiju Joseph Thalupadath is working as a Product Operations leader with a large US telecom company. Prior to that Baiju was working with Yahoo Small Business leading the Quality & DevOps teams. He has around 20+ years of IT experience. Prior to Yahoo, Baiju has experience working with Ariba Inc , Novell Inc and the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
Baiju Joseph is a proven Engineering leader with a unique mix of Quality Engineering, DevOps, Production Engineering and Software Development leadership experience. He has extensive experience leading agile, CI/CD/CT, and DevOps transformations. Baiju has built and led global teams shaping the culture of collaboration, customer focus, and velocity.
Baiju is a seasoned Agile coach. Delivered talks on Agile, DevOps, Quality Engineering, Leadership, Website performance etc… in conferences, industry forums, and universities.
He holds an M.S. in Software Systems from BITS, Pilani, B Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Diploma in Management.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/baijujoseph/