In this episode, Sivaguru from PM Power Consulting is in conversation with Jayantha who shares his life as an engineer and working in Europe amongst other things such as
- Telecom engineering to data engineering
- Getting help and guidance in a new place and new company
- From his lens of how software has evolved over generations
- Designing products for different customer segments
- How data engineering folks work with other people like product managers and business folks
- The importance of understanding users of the product even for data engineers
- Understanding GDPR while working on personal data – What different views of data down a funnel can reveal and recognizing anomalies
- Transitions from telecom engineering to a services company and then a product company
- How agile practices need to chosen to suit ones needs
- Shares thoughts on people considering an IT career and moving to Europe for work Telecommunications Engineer turned Software Professional turned Data Engineer working at Omio in Berlin as a Senior Data Engineer and Lead of the Business Intelligence platform team.
- Formerly worked at Thoughtworks in Bangalore.
Jayantha’s hobbies are are guitar, sports and art
Jayantha can be reached in the below coordinates
Instagram | mellowcolour | https://www.instagram.com/mellowcolour/
Twitter | mellowcolour | https://twitter.com/mellowcolour