Listen to Hima Patel from IBM Research and Chitra from PM Power Consulting as Hima shares stories from her passion around artificial intelligence and machine learning through some fascinating experiences. She talks about
- Building intelligence, beginning with a book Image processing experiments and fun with friends
- Research and Software, partners in crime
- Invention & Innovation Data lakes, silos, federations and marts
- Making sense for business
- Languages of business and analytics, working hand-in-hand
- Managing people in research
- Explanability of machine learning models
- Experiences as a research manager
- The power of believing in yourself and not giving up.
Hima Patel is a research manager at IBM Research Lab and leads a team of researchers that work in problems at the intersection of machine learning and NLP. Her passion is to work on research areas that help solve real business problems. Prior to IBM, she has spent time in research groups at Shell, GE and brief stint at Visa where she has worked on varied research problems spanning from object detection in medical images to anomaly detection from multivariate sensor data collected from machines.
She is also actively involved with the organization of Grace Hopper India conference for last four years and is also an executive committee member for IEEE Computer Society, Bangalore Section. She holds a B.E. in Computer Science from GCET and M Tech in Information and Communication Technology from DA-IICT.