Starting & Scaling Agile Transformation
See how a financial global giant adopts agile.
A CASE STUDY
Starting and Scaling Agile Transformation for a for a global financial giant
Our client is a large financial organization based in US with offices in Europe and India. We helped them transform their India IT division for improving their critical business unit
Our client wanted to establish the agile practices and move from the earlier delivery model in-line with the global transformation that was ongoing. They also wanted to take greater accountability in delivery from the India locations. This was a fundamental step as the organization was planning to grow strategically in India.
PM POWER APPROACH AND SOLUTION:
PM Power helped the client in establishing and scaling agile transformation from 150 member team to a 250 member scaled team through various agile interventions.
- PM Power setup a two member coaching team across two of the locations and collaborated with the global transformation team to ensure that while there is standardization in messaging, there is customization wherever required
- PM Power used three pronged model with Consulting for the leadership team on setting up the teams, Training to engage the teams at the start and Coaching to help the team through the change
- PM Power used the agile maturity measurement instrument to understand the current state of all the teams and a structured approach on the change canvas for each of the teams.
- While teams had embedded consulting during the initial period, coaches were available on a consultative model for specific changes that they want to bring to improve their maturity
- PM Power also partnered with the Coaches in the US to help in standardization in using JIRA tools for improving transparency and reporting
- For complex products identified, scaling of practices was done using SAFe practices and PM Power enabled that through training, support and collaboration towards objectives
- PM power also helped in enabling leaders identify anti-patterns in the practices, Dashboards for decision making and identifying areas of restructuring across the locations
- Practices and Changes were rolled out smoothy by collaboration across the shores and regular standups across all the global coaches
Agile maturity assessment was rolled across the globe and continues till date to sustain and improve the practices.
PM Power is considered Trusted partner in the transformation through Agile, Scaling, Lean model
Agile Practices were standardised through tools, a usable playbook, creation of a Communities of Practice (CoP), Training materials
Teams have taken deeper and larger product and delivery accountability across the 4 product lines
AGile Advisory Experts
Talk to our experts to find out how you can accelerate your business through effectively leveraging Agile.
Agile Related Blogs
It was an evening, I started walking towards the bazaar nearby to purchase few items for home. From the first turning from my house, I noticed that the bicycle repairing shop was open, and quickly remembered to ask the mechanic the status of my son’s bicycle...
After a leadership awareness session on Continuous Planning & Continuous Delivery, Ram walks up to the coach with a puzzled look. Continuous Planning is expected to help the unit respond faster in a dynamic environment and focus on delivering value. The unit that...
Continuous delivery is a common practice in the software world today enabled by test automation and CI/CD tool chain. Usually, Continuous delivery is well-supported upstream but continuous ‘value’ remains a challenge. How do we address this challenge? Ideally,...
More Success Stories
LET'S START A CONVERSATION
PM Power Consulting
PM Power Consulting helps organizations achieve agility in design and delivery of software and services.
PM Power Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
354/3, I Cross, I Block, Jayanagar
PIN Code: 560 011
Phone: +91 80 2657 5292