Enterprise-Wide Agile Transformation
See how a financial products company adopts enterprise wide agile transformation.
A CASE STUDY
Financial Products company adopts Enterprise wide Agile Transformation
Our client is a Financial IT Products company headquartered in London with centres in New York, Paris, Bengaluru, Manila, and several other parts in Europe. They are leaders for mid-tier Banks in the areas of core banking, lending, capital markets software.
Our client had tried adopting Agile for several years with limited success and in small pockets of the company. They wanted to drive Agile Transformation globally through all the centres as a global strategic initiative.
PM POWER APPROACH AND SOLUTION:
PM Power helped them in Enterprise wide Agile Transformation through various interventions and change management initiatives spread over twelve months for global distributed teams.
- Agile Effectiveness Assessment to get 360-degree view of status from Team members, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Senior Managers.
- A two days’ workshop on Agile/Scrum for the cross-functional project teams from Development, QA, Product Management, BAs, Release Management, DBAs, Architects, Technical Writers.
- Trained over 120 people through several workshops.
- Conducted specific focused workshops for Scrum Masters, Product Owners & BAs.
- Helped create internal Trainers & Coaches through Train the Trainer and Coach the Coach approaches who in turn took up the further roll out.
- Conducted Executive Workshops on Agile for senior Leaders spread across Bengaluru, London, New York
- Coached more than 20 project teams with associated Scrum Masters and Product Owners, distributed across US, Europe and Asia;
- Helped them to scale up Agile with Scrum of Scrum practices and Product & Portfolio planning.
- Helped the Executive team to look at Metrics & Governance differently from the traditional approaches to the Agile approaches
- Helped in defining/refining the roles and objectives (HR aspects), recognition mechanisms and knowledge sharing platforms.
On an average across all the workshops, 62% of the participants rated the workshops as ‘Very Useful’ and remaining 38% rated as ‘Useful’ on a scale of ‘Poor’, ‘Not much impact’, ‘Useful’, ‘Very Useful’.
At the beginning of the engagement, there was significant scepticism and resistance, especially from project managers & middle managers, because of the past failures in Agile adoption. Towards the end of the engagement, there was much more acceptance & mindset change towards adopting Agile.
Product Planning & Portfolio Planning started happening synchronously. For example, one of the Products had 10 Scrum Teams working together to make synchronized releases.
Organization built internal capacity to carry out the training & coaching on Agile to continue the transformation journey.
AGile Advisory Experts
Talk to our experts to find out how you can accelerate your business through effectively leveraging Agile.
Agile Related Blogs
It was an evening, I started walking towards the bazaar nearby to purchase few items for home. From the first turning from my house, I noticed that the bicycle repairing shop was open, and quickly remembered to ask the mechanic the status of my son’s bicycle...
After a leadership awareness session on Continuous Planning & Continuous Delivery, Ram walks up to the coach with a puzzled look. Continuous Planning is expected to help the unit respond faster in a dynamic environment and focus on delivering value. The unit that...
Continuous delivery is a common practice in the software world today enabled by test automation and CI/CD tool chain. Usually, Continuous delivery is well-supported upstream but continuous ‘value’ remains a challenge. How do we address this challenge? Ideally,...
More Success Stories
LET'S START A CONVERSATION
PM Power Consulting
PM Power Consulting helps organizations achieve agility in design and delivery of software and services.
PM Power Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
354/3, I Cross, I Block, Jayanagar
PIN Code: 560 011
Phone: +91 80 2657 5292