In this conversation Nalini Krishnan, Head of Competency Management at TCS for the Salesforce business shares her views on her career with Chitra from PM Power consulting on
- How much of our making is our own thinking and doing
- How much of the past we carry as baggage or bias
- Picking up all kinds of challenges and getting out of one’s comfort zone
- Various ways of looking at problems
- Nalini’s 3-dimensional approach to addressing technical debt
- Experience managing customers & clients relationships.
- Having different personas at work and at home
- What the Grace Hopper Platform has meant to her personal growth
- A message for women wishing to take up a career in IT
Nalini currently heads Competency Management for the Salesforce.com practice in TCS, within Enterprise Application Systems group. Strategic focus on growth initiatives, Center growth & sourcing strategy, talent transformation initiatives etc. are some of her many focus areas Nalini has held many senior positons in IT Delivery, Transformational program managemet and Client Engagement, across various verticals in TCS. Prior to TCS she been a part of companies like Thomson Reuters, Symphony Services & Zensar Technologies, and has held positions of responsibilities across development, QA, release management and business strategy.
A technologist, and a customer & business focused leader with more than 20 years of experience in the Industry, she is self driven, optimistic & result oriented professional with experience in building and sustaining a motivated & skilled team, and driving performance in a complex, global environment. Nalini is passionate about technology and business transformation, that helps organizations translate strategy into action with solid planning and execution. She is active in external forums such as GHC India https://ghcindia.anitab.org/ – Part of advisory committee in 2016, committee chair, member and speaker in previous years, chair for TechTalk track in 2018 and IEEE –WIE Internalional Leadership conference http://wie.ieee.org/ieeewieilsgoa2017/ (speaker 2015 & 2017).