We begin our special series for the month of March in celebration of Women’s day with 4 episodes. In this one, Maggie Imbamuthaiah Managing Director of Anita Borg India India is in conversation with Chitra Gurjar from PM Power Consulting where she shares her experiences and perspectives on
- Bringing technical women together through stories
- How women easily fall into an isolation trap
- Discovering and working with exceptional women
- Cultivating a place for support for entrepreneurs – a possible way to sustain in future
- Sustaining businesses & innovation, creating safe spaces to be vulnerable and thrive
- Balancing passion and practicality through diverse capabilities
- Having a personal board in addition to a company board; in addition to having a solid revenue model, watching costs and getting the right talent
- Picking up comp sc in college and liking creativity in programming
- Joining Infosys in its early days and cutting teeth with software development
- Starting in tech, learning personas through OOP
- Liked being an interface between technology and business
- Why design thinking and solutioning remain key skills
- Her personal transformations through yoga and being a teacher of yoga
- Focusing on the present to be purposeful
- Future of tech and what to be watchful for, asking the right questions and bringing one’s concious self to work
- A Message for listeners
Maggie Inbamuthaiah (Maggie on LinkedIn) is Managing Director of AnitaB.org in India. She works with various community and Technology organizations to advance careers of women in technology and on the various programs including the flagship event Grace Hopper Celebration India (GHCI – https://ghcindia.anitab.org)
She is a big believer in equal opportunities across gender, social status and backgrounds. This has led her and her friends to create Mandram (www.mandram.org), a platform to curate ideas and talks in native languages so that they can reach people across the social diaspora with no impediment of language.
She was the Co-Founder of Employee Experts (www.employeeexperts.com) and MyCampusDays (www.mycampusdays.com). A great learning experience that helped me work on end to end aspects of running an organization from people to sales. In her corporate career spanning ANZ, Infosys and Dell Computers, she has led many global Technical/ operational projects and and led virtual teams across Asia. She has a Post Graduate degree in HR Management and Organizational Behaviour from University of London (College of Birkbeck) and am a Computer Science Engineer from NIT, Tiruchirapalli.
She writes regularly on the technology, gender and social equality and occasional philosophy on LinkedIn and various other topics on her blog A balcony with a view. She is a runner, yoga practitioner and teacher and an environmentalist at heart.