In this conversation, Veena Ramagoplan, Co-Founder and Director of Inroads Leadership Development and Chitra from PM Power talk about Veena’s variety of experiences such as
- Overcoming careless whispers and successfully leading a team of 50 sailors on a 250km trek
- Facing cultural experiences while handling global transitions
- Being exposed to people management at a very young age, handling the media glare, and being in the Limca book of records
- The importance of self belief & responding with action to counter biases and how to gain respect through your actions
- Learning how to be assertive and respond when people remark derisively
- Balance with empathy in any environment
- What helped her transition to corporate life
- How to work beyond a job description
- Stakeholder engagement instead of stakeholder management when handling work transitions to India
- Why she chose to “give back” Her message for people on how to balance their lives
Ms. Veena Ramagopalan has a versatile experience of over 25 years in the corporate and defence. She is an ex-Naval officer from the first batch of women officers of the Indian Navy. Thereafter, she worked in various companies including Philips for over 13 years, holding senior Strategic & Leadership roles. Veena has enriching corporate career, her experience spans across Strategic & Process Consultancy, Business excellence, Quality Assurance & Quality Management, Delivery and Program Management. As part of her corporate career she has handled global and cross-cultural teams, led and been part of various transformation and change management journey in the organization.
Veena is Co-founder, Director of Inroads Leadership Development . She is passionate about coaching and mentoring leaders and professionals. She loves connecting with people to share her experiences and support them. She also enjoys engaging and inspiring women leaders and professionals, and to help them accelerate their leadership abilities and integrate in organizations.