Delivery Management Excellence
Delivery Management excellence is a critical success factor for IT services and software product organizations alike. Establishing trust with customers, improving value-add’s and getting repeat business are all significantly dependent on sustained delivery excellence.PM Power’s offerings in this area are based on two key principles:
- Delivery Managers need to be provided a learning environment with associated artefacts that are customized for their organization, project context and specific challenges (especially in comparison with project management where there is a recognized body of knowledge like PMBOK® and a standard set of competencies)
- A complete eco-system for delivery management excellence needs to put in place to sustain aspects of continual learning for Delivery Managers and to support initiatives in improving environmental aspects (such as tools for project managers, developing in-house coaches and improving cross-functional working)
PM Power’s offerings cover:
- Delivery Blueprinting which helps define the delivery organization vision, the road map for improvement and the “vital few” initiatives
- Competency Development starting from role clarity & goal setting for Delivery Managers, identifying common challenges and developing a case-study driven competency development workshop called DM@workSM
- Delivery Enablement including
- setting up a Delivery Manager community for experience sharing and leadership in improvement initiatives
- conducting a series of sessions for Delivery Managers on specific needs (such as “Managing First time Project Managers”) and helping development of in-house case studies based on past projects
- consulting assistance for internal improvement initiatives
We have helped several organizations in developing and sustaining programs for delivery excellence covering all aspects from visioning to competency development, systems & processes and governance mechanisms.
- The 2% Masala: Do you hire for a career or mercenaries
- CHOW #65 – Collaboration across teams – making SoS effective
- Some inferences from the State of DevOps 2017 report
- IT Industry: To unionize or Not?
- CHOW 64-Pivoting a good team without full stack experience
- Futuristic Agile Teams: Learn from cricket
- Chow 63 – Case of a long regression testing
- Tech Jobs: Where has the cheese moved?
- Tech job loss: Who moved my cheese?
- CHOW #62 SM: Bite what you can chew!