In this episode, I would like to share with you two incidents that helped me refine my own understanding of user needs and experience.
From two different projects at different times, how I learnt:
- That the purpose of a developer is to solve others’ problems [and not just look for the next personal challenge to solve]
- Distinguishing user needs and wants
- The power of conversations with users
- The need and importance of empathy for the user ways of working and work environment, when designing solutions
- The power of iterative development, with frequent user experience based feedback